Skip to main content

Rambles

This is my late night. I don't have to work tomorrow, so I drove the truck home and will go back to get Justin about 4am...unless he calls me to come early. They were having press problems when I left, so I'm thinking that's just not going to happen. I was just chatting with a friend on AIM and was telling how on the weekends I slip back to Justin's sleep schedule. After all, it used to be mine as well!



I did get one thing accomplished last night. I went through all the poems on my poetry blog and got them all labeled. Very cool. I forgot how good my poetry can be.



Of course, it put the spark in me for another poem. I might work on that later.

I have no idea if I'm going to get any of Justin's attention this weekend or not. I tried so hard Thursday afternoon but he was busy doing stuff online. Whatever. One of the tires on the truck is going soft :( which is always a bummer. I guess they all need to be replaced for it to pass inspection though. And a bumper. I wonder why that is. Oh well.

That reminds me, I have to get the address on my driver's license and truck registration changed. I might try to do that online now. Especially since it's on my mind.

ttyl.

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
Good luck with the poem!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekenders!!!

It's that time again. For Michele's weekend Meet-n-Greet. Some frown, but others gleefully play. Here's a question for all who visit here, whether on your own or from Michele's: Last night during a prayer meeting, I had a memory flash through my mind. More like the shadow of the memory. I was five years old or younger and I was begging my father for a peanut butter cake. I really wanted one, and even though I was interupting the adult conversation and probably being a regular brat...my Dad quit what he was doing to search for a recipe for a peanut butter cake...uhm, I don't think he ever found one so he made me a chocolate one with peanut butter frosting. This is probably the best memory I have of my father. So - what is your favorite childhood memory?????

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in...

Shock and Awe

It is a strange thing. How someone can say, "I'm sorry, please forgive me" and still manage to correct you all at once...it is truly amazing to me. I was shocked that this person actually admitted to being wrong, and at the same time, I was ashamed for wanting it. But it got me to thinking. About Repentance and Forgiveness...how once they have happened...there is healing and restoration. I haven't completely researched it yet, but the verses I've peaked at in James make me think I'm not far off. I wonder, just as one person sinning can spoil others...can one person repenting turn others to repentance? Hmm.... Of course, as in any relationship situation...it helps to know the whole story. Why do we do that, I wonder? Close up and not share what is going on, I mean. I know that sometimes, there are things that hurt too deep to share right away. It is frustrating. Thanksgiving looks to be a dismal day so far. I'm not about ready to invite myself to any...