Skip to main content

Computer Time

I can't believe I'm on a real computer. Justin's is still at the computer doctors, but today I'm at the hospital with Mom and they have a computer we can go on while we wait. Well, I'm the one waiting. She gets to go have a procedure done. Still trying to get rid of her bladder infection so she can have her knees done! Poor lady.

Not much has been going on, or so I think. Probably if I had a computer in my home I'd be telling you all sorts of boring drama stuff from work and relationship venting. I wish I could get up earlier in the day so I could go to the library like I used to. That's how this all got started. I'm out of new books to read, and I don't know when I'll be able to buy my Amazon.com cartload, so I need to go to the library for other reasons. Of course, 75% of what I've got on order for 'someday' is stuff I've already read, already owned and lost. Ah well. I know there was at least one new book I was going to get. Maybe for Christmas.

Well, I've only got about 20 minutes left on this computer and I want to work on a poem.

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
Good to see your blog up again.

Popular posts from this blog

Weekenders!!!

It's that time again. For Michele's weekend Meet-n-Greet. Some frown, but others gleefully play. Here's a question for all who visit here, whether on your own or from Michele's: Last night during a prayer meeting, I had a memory flash through my mind. More like the shadow of the memory. I was five years old or younger and I was begging my father for a peanut butter cake. I really wanted one, and even though I was interupting the adult conversation and probably being a regular brat...my Dad quit what he was doing to search for a recipe for a peanut butter cake...uhm, I don't think he ever found one so he made me a chocolate one with peanut butter frosting. This is probably the best memory I have of my father. So - what is your favorite childhood memory?????

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in...

Shock and Awe

It is a strange thing. How someone can say, "I'm sorry, please forgive me" and still manage to correct you all at once...it is truly amazing to me. I was shocked that this person actually admitted to being wrong, and at the same time, I was ashamed for wanting it. But it got me to thinking. About Repentance and Forgiveness...how once they have happened...there is healing and restoration. I haven't completely researched it yet, but the verses I've peaked at in James make me think I'm not far off. I wonder, just as one person sinning can spoil others...can one person repenting turn others to repentance? Hmm.... Of course, as in any relationship situation...it helps to know the whole story. Why do we do that, I wonder? Close up and not share what is going on, I mean. I know that sometimes, there are things that hurt too deep to share right away. It is frustrating. Thanksgiving looks to be a dismal day so far. I'm not about ready to invite myself to any...