Skip to main content

Google Hangout

I just had my first Google+ Hangout today, which was pretty darn cool!  Ever since my birthday, life has just been one adventure after another.  I'm not sure what was special about this past birthday, but I'm not minding what life is bringing me!

So it was Jeff Roach from Sociallogical.com and it's about building a community of like believers etc. instead of traditional marketing.  I'll end up signing up for their membership eventually, once Justin gets done working on his truck.  Well, that might never happen...he's always working on one vehicle or another!  But once that gets settled down, because I can learn on my own - I just need a few pointers to get me headed in the right direction.

One thing I took away from the Hangout was that I'm on the right track by beginning to blog again.  He used an example of another author blogging about their area of expertise.  Even though I write fiction, that's still something I can do to.  I might not be an expert in anything, not even in writing, but I am an expert in my own writing LOL

I've been writing since I was in the third or fourth grade.  I can remember my first stories...they were 'fanfiction' for a tv show I really liked back then.  "Airwolf".  Oh my goodness...I had such a childhood crush on the guy that played Stringfellow Hawke, Jan-Michael Vincent!  My writing has gotten much better since then...thank God!  All by villains were names "Bad John" or "Bad Kelly" etc.  While of course their counterparts were "Good John" and "Good Kelly"  LOL

So, "Farmer's Daughter" the novel I so impulsively self-published...because I decided I believed in it.  It is actually based on a dream I had in either 1997 or 98.  I really don't remember which, just that I was still working as a nurses aide when I was doing the first free writes for it.  It changed drastically from those first free writes, and that's a good thing.  The original idea had Craig being hesitant to build a relationship with Angela because he was afraid of a sexual discrimination lawsuit, but out of the free writes evolved the idea that it was actually because he'd been sexually molested as a teen.  Some of the villains were re-"casted" since then as well...which is going to turn out to be really cool in the long run.

After I finished it, about 2005ish according to my email records, I hit writer's block.  I had ended it in a cliff hanger - the kidnapping mentioned in the synopsis, and then I hit that brick wall.  Well crap, now what?  I tried starting a sequel, but didn't get anything.  I was able to write a few poems here and there, but it was like the pond had dried up.  So, I let it sit idle in my email until last April when I decided to download it and reread it to see if it was any good.  And it was, it is.  But I still didn't like the ending.  So, I tacked on a new ending, that went a different direction and opened the flood gates not just for a sequel but for a series of either 3-5 books.  It'll probably be 5, but I don't want to bore people so we'll see.

For right now, I think I'll stick to the Monday/Thursday posting and see how it goes.  Back in the old days, I used to write a blog post everyday.  Not sure I have the time for that anymore.  Still learning, which is good.  :)

For now.  I have to go make supper!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekenders!!!

It's that time again. For Michele's weekend Meet-n-Greet. Some frown, but others gleefully play. Here's a question for all who visit here, whether on your own or from Michele's: Last night during a prayer meeting, I had a memory flash through my mind. More like the shadow of the memory. I was five years old or younger and I was begging my father for a peanut butter cake. I really wanted one, and even though I was interupting the adult conversation and probably being a regular brat...my Dad quit what he was doing to search for a recipe for a peanut butter cake...uhm, I don't think he ever found one so he made me a chocolate one with peanut butter frosting. This is probably the best memory I have of my father. So - what is your favorite childhood memory?????

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in...

Shock and Awe

It is a strange thing. How someone can say, "I'm sorry, please forgive me" and still manage to correct you all at once...it is truly amazing to me. I was shocked that this person actually admitted to being wrong, and at the same time, I was ashamed for wanting it. But it got me to thinking. About Repentance and Forgiveness...how once they have happened...there is healing and restoration. I haven't completely researched it yet, but the verses I've peaked at in James make me think I'm not far off. I wonder, just as one person sinning can spoil others...can one person repenting turn others to repentance? Hmm.... Of course, as in any relationship situation...it helps to know the whole story. Why do we do that, I wonder? Close up and not share what is going on, I mean. I know that sometimes, there are things that hurt too deep to share right away. It is frustrating. Thanksgiving looks to be a dismal day so far. I'm not about ready to invite myself to any...