Skip to main content

this is it

Tonight is my last night teaching kids church on Wednesday nights. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I think it's been bothering me more than I would be willing to admit. It's not like I'll never get to see them again, or even teach them because we all go to the same church and I am going to be like a backup teacher for when Min can't make it.

And can you believe - I've had three changes to my bus route in two days! Very frustrating. On one hand this is good because it's more mileage for the boss and if the boss is happy....u know. On the other hand...my routes are longer!!! It can get tiring sitting in that seat for over an hour. Of course, I'm getting a bew bus too - - - which has a radio in it!!! wooohoooo! Now once the kids are off, I can listen to Chip Ingram on the way home. Or at least half of it.

Ok. checking email now.

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
Great to hear about the new bus! All with a snazzy radio as well.
Ciera said…
Yep, guys...a snazzy new bus - - - well, newer bus at least...new to me. Someone's had it before cuz it's pretty nasty on the inside. My boss is nice enough to clean it up for me!!

Uhm - It would probably be a good idea if I didn't sing. Strange things happen. I'll end up going to the older women's group...can't go to the younger women's group cuz they meet in the am now and it cuts into when I work.

You really don't want to hear me sing.
Ciera said…
I've got the joy joy joy joy down in my heart...where? Down in my heart..........

oh yes, quite joyful!

Popular posts from this blog

Weekenders!!!

It's that time again. For Michele's weekend Meet-n-Greet. Some frown, but others gleefully play. Here's a question for all who visit here, whether on your own or from Michele's: Last night during a prayer meeting, I had a memory flash through my mind. More like the shadow of the memory. I was five years old or younger and I was begging my father for a peanut butter cake. I really wanted one, and even though I was interupting the adult conversation and probably being a regular brat...my Dad quit what he was doing to search for a recipe for a peanut butter cake...uhm, I don't think he ever found one so he made me a chocolate one with peanut butter frosting. This is probably the best memory I have of my father. So - what is your favorite childhood memory?????

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in...

Shock and Awe

It is a strange thing. How someone can say, "I'm sorry, please forgive me" and still manage to correct you all at once...it is truly amazing to me. I was shocked that this person actually admitted to being wrong, and at the same time, I was ashamed for wanting it. But it got me to thinking. About Repentance and Forgiveness...how once they have happened...there is healing and restoration. I haven't completely researched it yet, but the verses I've peaked at in James make me think I'm not far off. I wonder, just as one person sinning can spoil others...can one person repenting turn others to repentance? Hmm.... Of course, as in any relationship situation...it helps to know the whole story. Why do we do that, I wonder? Close up and not share what is going on, I mean. I know that sometimes, there are things that hurt too deep to share right away. It is frustrating. Thanksgiving looks to be a dismal day so far. I'm not about ready to invite myself to any...