Skip to main content

I Know It's Not Just Me

I hate to say this...but is it just me, or is there something wrong when you're talking to a friend and she says, "You know, the only time I hear happines out of you regarding your church is when you're talking about the dance group." She went on to say that my church frustrates her [she goes to a different one]. She related how she feels that church should be a place you feel safe at...which is when I told her she sounded like my boyfriend [minus the delightful English accent of course].
And then an hour later...my friend who was recently kicked out of my church...almost but not quite invited me to her new one. By that, she just let me know when it started in the morning.
I have mixed feelings as this is the friend that told me she lied to me and didn't trust me and all that...so I don't know how we would get on being at the same church again.
But at the same time...I do know the people she know calls pastor and know that they're good and godly people. I think I would feel safe with them.
Ah, the thoughts that tumble in my head. I was working last night, helping one of the guys jog the newspapers as they flew off the press and I told him, "I've figured out the secret to jogging papers...it's not thinking about what you're doing." Which he agreed with. And then I said, "I just haven't been able to stop thinking about it yet." Cracked him up!!!
I once told Pastor Norm that half my problem was that I thought too much...and the other half being that I didn't think enough.
Oh ~ I'm not hurting quite as badly tonight, so maybe Gerry was right and my hands will get used to the work. Still thinking of going and seeing Doc and having him crack my back into shape. :)

Comments

M. C. Pearson said…
Hi sweetie. You'll be in my prayers tonight. Hope it all works out! I sorta tagged you on my post. Heh.
Jean-Luc Picard said…
That is so difficult, Ciera. A new church is right for you, but not the one that you've been invited to. It sounds like you're transferring your old problems to another place.

We all think a lot; it's part of life. I'm still concerned about those hands of yours.
Ciera said…
Thanks Mimi...just sort of tagged me huh? Yeah yeah yeah...

Jean-Luc I know you are :)

As for the new church...I haven't made up my mind yet what to tell her. She invited me in last night and we talked for a while...ok, she talked, I listened...more needs to be said though before I would ever be able to go to the same church as her.
utenzi said…
Might be time to shift continents not just churches. Your town is too small for you to get away from your difficulties there, Ciera.

Popular posts from this blog

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.