Skip to main content

ER Scare


I had such a scare tonight [Thursday night]. I'd been at work for just a couple hours when Mom called...sick and in pain. Scared the crap outa me...hearing her like that. To make a long story short --- she called for the ambulance, thinking it might be food poisoning [rice!], but it turned out to be a bad bladder infection...bad enough that they've kept her overnight.

The entire time I'm waiting to hear whether she's ok or not, I'm thinking..."Was I nice to her the last time I was with her? Was I grouchy? When was the last time I hugged her? The last time I told her I loved her?" She might aggravate me...irritate me...frustrate me...but she's still my mom and I love her. Ya know.
I think that if Jerry had been there when she called, that he would have let me go be with her in the ER...but he didn't arrive until later in the night. And I wouldn't have been easily spared otherwise. Part of being "indispensible" at work. I don't think Jerry would know what to do without me some nights. Though he'd never admit it.

All's well that ends well. Mom's ok and in a fairly good hospital. I'm here with the animals so they don't poo in the wrong places and near the phone for when she's ready to come home.

And, apparently, Fluke Starbucker is back. Life will never be the same again! :)

Comments

Will you be making her some cookies for when she's out?

uh... I haven't seen Sprok since I've been back...

I think something terrible has happened to him... like his password is lost, or something.

*shrug*
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Where has Fluke appeared from? Had he vanished?

That must have been scary at the ER for you, Ciera.
Ciera said…
Fluke: something better than cookies...I just fed her a darvocet. Too bad about Sprok...but at least you're back :D

Jean-Luc: it was scary even though I never made it to the ER myself

Mom was released from the hospital late Friday night, after having some mega doses of antibiotic, but when I got here after work, she's back to having the same pain and fever. Hoping I won't have to drive her to the ER...

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.