Skip to main content

Long Week

Sigh.

What a long week that was.

I'm so beat. Of course, it doesn't help that I didn't sleep at all well last night and because Justin had to go to work, the alarm went off too early this morning and it took me forever to get back to sleep.

Wednesday was the longest day because we had that storm and a lot of people called in. They made us work a full day anyway. We were in our easy grades almost all day, which equals slow and boring and cold. Packing meat is cold work anyway, but when you're not pulling that much a off the line, it really gets to you more.

Mom had a macroplastique done yesterday at the hospital. The doctor injected chemicals around the top of her urethra in the hopes to puff it up to stop the constant leaking. She'll know probably by tomorrow whethe it worked or not, the nurse said she shouldn't be upset at any leaking still because she has to give those parts time to settle down from being poked. I hope it works because if it doesn't, the doctor will try this again - no big deal - but if that doesn't work, I don't like the other alternative he suggested. A colostomy bag, but for urine. I don't know, maybe it would make Mom's life easier to do that. She wouldn't have to worry about wetting herself because she can't get to the bathroom in time. Maybe the infections would finally clear up and she could have her knee surgery done. I don't know.

Like I said, Justin has to work today. Hopefully just till noon. Their day didn't go well on Wednesday either. They were only able to run 2 out of 5 lines, so they weren't able to get as much work done. It was originally going to be just volunteers, but something changed so that everyone in MAP had to go in. Too bad they couldn't have just brought in the half that called off on Wednesday.

Well, I have to go scrounge around and find something for breakfast. Probably my last two eggs and maybe coffee if there's enough left for a pot. I'll probably try to sweettalk Justin into letting me buy some food. He can be kinda stingy about that sometimes...figures as long as we have burgers we don't need anything else! Oh well.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
Hope that works out for your mom
Anonymous said…
Wondering if anyone has had any bad effects from having Macroplastique done?





Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.