Skip to main content

Drunk People Suck

Ok, when you're DD...drunk people suck. They are too loud, they are argumentative, they spill stuff, and because they weren't thinking even when they were sober those of us who are sober are trying to keep the toddler out of the jelloshots, safe, out of harms way and entertained. Seriously, who brings a toddler to an adult birthday party for a 21year old? It was an interesting experience though, as I myself have never been to a party like that. And really do not see the appeal. I've been falling down drunk only once...and I do NOT like it. I like being able to remember what is going on, and I like being in control of myself. I'm not opposed to having a good time, but there is such a thing as too much!

I know that some of it comes from hidden hurts in their lives. Rachel is a sweetheart (she's a cousin of Justin's) but her need to get shitfaced is a strong indicator that she's trying to doctor the hurts deep inside. I don't know all the details from her childhood...she's still in her very early 20's, so she's not that far from still being a kid in a lot of ways. But what of the older adults, I wonder. To a large degree, I just do not understand.

Granted, in some ways I do. My drug of choice is food. I eat to feel better. Instead of having a beer, I had a second piece of cake...and then a third. My blood sugar was 151 this morning. Higher than it usually is on the weekends. Although there have been times when I've eaten nothing but Little Debbie's and wine for the weekend and had great numbers the next morning, so that's not reliable. Lol! I eat to distract from problems and boredom. Probably some of the same reasons people drink themselves silly.

At least I can remember what happened the next morning.

Forgive me if I sound as though I'm judging. I'm not really. I'm just at a loss of how to reach these people. God/Jesus wants more for their lives than this. Mine too. Because I'm no better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in