Skip to main content

5 Random Thoughts

Mimi gave an open tag to whoever wanted to do the meme about 5 random thoughts about myself. I could not resist...

1. I really don't like driving school bus. It's not that I don't like the kids...I love them...I love their chatter...their innocence...their laughter...even their singing which drives me bonkers. It's the red tape of Headstart and their inability to communicate changes and stuff to me. And the pressure of having all those little lives in my care during a snow or ice storm is too much to handle.

2. I adore listening to Chip Ingram's radio program, Living on the Edge. He is a bible teacher who is practical and grounded and balanced. Yes, balanced. There have been many times that it has been his voice over the radio that has kept me from harm and talked me out of despair. He's funny too, and not afraid to show his humanity.

3. I like to play Scrabble. Like, I get competative about it. Mom and I used to play it on Playstation2 and we'd be at it for hours because whenever one of us would win, the loser would say..."Want to go again?" Sometimes we'd cheat and use "help"...but it was more fun not to, ya know.

4. I am discovering that I like to take pictures, thanks to a certain English friend wanting to see what I look like. I'm not very good taking pictures, yet, but I'll be looking at something now and I'll think---that'd make a great picture! Like the green blush on the mountains right now...beautiful. Like the daffodil at Mom's that I snapped at Easter time...a bulb that has lain dormat for at least ten eyars that has finally pushed it's way through to cunlight. I hope it turns out cuz it's something I'd like to post here.

5. I have to find a way to sneak out of the library as there is one of those people that you like to avoid here and I know if she sees me, she'll try to delay me. grrrrr.....

Comments

M. C. Pearson said…
Awesome! Well, you are obviously handling the school bus...boy it is a hard job! And I know about beurocratic nonsense (even if I cannot spell it!)

Scrabble huh? I love Canasta. My hubby and I call it Canasty though because we can get downright mean while playing it!

Photography! One of my passions! I loved Black and White photography...took more than a few classes in college. If you really are interested, get yourself a manual 35mm camera and you can do some incredible stuff. Takes a bit of fiddling to learn but it is so gratifying! I'll have to post more of my b&w's soon. I get so excited about that!

Thanks for mentioning me. MMMMwwwhhhhaaaa...big 'ol kissy poo for ya. Don't worry, I won't tell the Englishman! LOL. Yes, you too are adorable!
M. C. Pearson said…
TWO...I meant two not too. Sheesh! And I want to be a writer! :P
Jean-Luc Picard said…
I didn't know that you're a Scrabble player, Ciera. I've played that many times. Primarily, I like Mah Jongg. Monopoly is fun too.

With photography, Idon't take quick pictures, but always take time to size up a shot. I didn't know that your phtography interest has suddenly developed as a result of...
Ciera said…
Ah, so I have a few secrets left, do I, Jean-Luc?

Mah Jong is a bit addictive for me. Monoply has some bittersweet memories attached to it, but I still like to play it.

Yes, it's developed suddenly because of....
utenzi said…
Just how serious are you about Scrabble, Ciera? Have you memorized all the 2-letter words in the dictionary? That's the start of seriousness in my book.

Taking pictures only takes practice, Ciera. It's one of my favorite things to do and you can see some of my pictures on my pic blog, if you'd like.

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.