Skip to main content

Row row row your boat and the bus monitor drama!

I remember back in January 1996 when the northeast first had a blizzard, and then it immediately warmed up and we had a flood! It's looking a lot like it did back then right now. We had half a day yesteday because someone panicked at the weather report---we never got the freezing rain until after 6PM. But it has since warmed up and it's flooding out. Not bad...small stream flooding and some low field flooding. I've made a few sprays with the bus going through the little bit of water that's running over the road...which, shh, was kind of fun. The water is poring off the rocks in one of the small towns south of mine....like little water falls...right next to the solid ice cycles hanging down...very pretty actually.

Instead of griping about the idiots at church, gonna change gears and have a good laugh at Headstart. After the start of this year, we were supposed to have bus monitors start riding with us. They do come in handy in an emergency. But.....they advertised so poorly in this town that they'd only had one person apply. ONE person!!!!! There are two busses. So, no matter what, the teachers and aides are supposed to start taking turns riding starting this Friday. Uhm...we tried this before and it didn't work and Central Office got an extension. So...they're actually going to try and fight it! Like, what's Central Office going to do? Fire all six of them? LOL. I'm glad that I'm a contracted driver and that I don't actually work for Headstart directly...they'd drive me completely nuts and I've got enough to handle!

LOL!!

Comments

Cliff said…
I drive a transit bus. I don't NEED a monitor.
My basement turns into an indoor swimming pool on days like this.
Jean-Luc Picard said…
One person apply??

It doesn't seem a position many are seeking!
Ciera said…
Sure Cliff---rub it in. :P

Daydreamer---ooh, doesn't sound good.

Jean-Luc---most people have the misconception that I drive a bus full of screaming kids...my kids do NOT scream...if they get too loud I firmly tell them to use their inside voices...and if I have to repeat myself more than once, I pull the bus over and that uselly brings absulote silence! Really, I have the best behaved kids around...can't say the same for the other headstart bus, Eddie let's them get away with anything!
M. C. Pearson said…
Hey Ciera, thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts. I'm still a bit sick but am finally feeling up to blogging.

I had to ride the bus once for our Children's Home...my husband usually did the honor. We had our own bus because the kids were, um, 'at-risk' youth and apt to acting up. The ages were from k-12 graders. Not a fun ride. I shocked them so much the day I rode that they were really quiet. But, yeah, you need to be in charge and not let things slip by because they will keep testing to see how far they can go. I'm glad you are firm with them. Makes it easier for you and helps them learn boundaries!

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in