Skip to main content

So, here's the deal...

What a pretty picture. Which is the only reason I posted it. It has nothing to do with anything!

So. The first thing you need to know for this story is that there is a church group coming to help my mother clean up the property this day. None of us go to this church. Our only connection is that we used to go to church with the man who is spearheading the idea...years ago....when I was still in high school. They're just doing this to bless her.

Ok. So. Thursday night at work, my mom calls and wants to know if I'm planning on coming up after work to check my email. Which I had been planning on, so I told her yes. "Well, you'll have to come in the front door." ???? "Why," I ask. there aren't any steps to the front door of the trailor at all. "You're brother was walking the dogs and the ramp collapsed on him." !!!! "Well," says I, "Thank God it wasn't you."

I must say that I wasn't concerned for Liston cuz he's a young lad and leaps up from these things still.

I was very upset that he just left for the night though...with no way out for Mom. She'd have been rapped if there was a fire or something.

Then I get another call.....

"You'll never guess who's here..." I hate guessing games!

It turns out that one of them men who are coming today had "just happened" to show up that night wanting to inspect the work site. Needless to say, the ramp was repaired that night so Mom could get in and out. Not sure if they're gonig to work on it more today. But, since she wants me here for some reason....I don't think I'm going to get much sleep today.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm drinking coffee again! LOL!

~~~

I got some overtime this morning, if I'm allowed to keep it. I had to fly the daily until sports was done because we were a little shorthanded last night. If I'd waited three more minutes to punch out, I'd've had a whole hour over....but then, the week's not over yet!

I don't have my notebook with me...I took it home so it wouldn't be in the way in case there is house cleaning today...so I can't work on my Trek story :( Maybe Monday though.

I've been very, I dunno...feeling like I want to write recently. I mean, like stories. Which is good. I haven't wanted to in a long while. I got that little story over on my MySpace blog that I've been writing...I had my Journey series stuff out the other night looking at it and plotting...I've had my Zion story out looking at it too....I'm never short on ideas, so I'm not sure why I've had such a problem writing my stories. Oh well. Maybe it'll come to an end soon. Worth hoping for right?

But not today...cuz I"m beginning to be tired...and people are supposed to show up in just over an hour :( :) ???

I have one more thing to check, a writing course...Long Ridge Writers...and then I'm offline for a while.

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
It looks like you have a busy day!

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.