Skip to main content

YEAH baby!

Well, what a relief!  Even though we have Monday off, we don't have to work tomorrow so we get a three day weekend...the MAP room is not as lucky :(  Of course, there's nothing saying that they won't make us work next Saturday to make up for it, but that's not here yet so this girl is NOT going to worry about it!

That's actually one thing I like about my job at Cargill, almost the only thing, that once I clock out and leave for the day, the place doesn't worry me one bit.  I'm not 'on call' just in case something breaks, I can go away and not have to leave phone numbers with anyone, I don't have to stay any later than 3pm except by a few minutes (I clocked out at 3:05 today).  And I don't worry about something not being done right.  I just shrug at the end of the day and say, "I'll worry about it tomorrow/Monday."  It's such a relief!

Speaking of relief, I've 'shaved' my head again this year.  Justin does it for me.  We don't take it all the way down to scalp, though it's pretty close.  I'm not getting a lot of flack from co-workers, at least nothing's been said to my face lol!  My one sister is giving me grief though.  Trying to quote the bible to me about long hair...and getting it wrong...and then being told, "I guess it depends on what version you read."  I don't know about her, but I read New King James...it flows a bit better without the "thee's and thou's".  The bible doesn't say that a woman has to have long hair, just that if she does it is her glory.  Written by a man who never had long hair to deal with lol!!  BUT that verse needs to be read in context, because once he's done, Paul said that we're to judge for ourselves, that he has no such custom  and neither does the church...the verse is nestled in a chapter about head coverings.  So it's not just about hair, but prayer caps as well.  And Paul tells us to decide for ourselves about that too.  But of course, we all have this need to feel ourselves more spiritual than the rest, so we pick a verse out and run with it.

I'm not saying I'm perfect.  Far from it.  I've grown less judgmental over the years.  People are ... people.  And Jesus is far more understanding and forgiving of our humanity than we are ourselves.

But that's just my opinion.  What do I know?  lol!!!


...me!

Comments

Jean-Luc Picard said…
Errr.....that is quite short!
Ciera said…
Absolutely my dear Captain! that's the point...and it feels wonderful!! Lol!
Jean-Luc Picard said…
Why is that? What made vyou go for that style.
Ciera said…
Justin got tired of listening to me complain about my hair last summer and how I wanted to just buzz it off and be done with it. So he got his electric razor out one day and asked me if I was serious...when I hesitated he politely called me a chicken...so I showed him! lol! And then I liked it...I like the feel when I run my hands over it, especially what he does the same, I like how easy it is to take care of, how quick it is to wash. And I like how cool it is, temperature wise. I look a little silly, but I've decided to choose comfort over looks and fashion

The only thing I DON"T like, is how the hair comes back in more silver than brown!!! I can't be that old already!!!! LOL!!

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.