Skip to main content

Narnia

I got to see Chronicles of Narnia last night. Very cool movie. It's been a few years since I've read book form of "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrone" so I wouldn't be able to tell you were the movie strays from the book like my friends was able to...at least she didn't make comments throughout the movie!! I think one of my favorite scenes was Lucy finding the wardrobe and uncovering it...the angles of the camera's and the music were awesome. It was like she was finding this magnificent treasure...and she was.

Heard a great comment on a different movie preview that stuck with me.

"You're not a failure until you refuse to get back up."

The guy was talking about skateboarding, but it applies to ALL areas of life.

It's another Saturday here at the library. Nothing going on, although the sirens went off a few minutes ago so there must be a fire or an accident somewhere. Both are nasty prospects in this cold weather - 24 Degrees! Brrr. One of my friends, my best one, in fact told me a story soem time ago what it was like for her and her family when they first moved here to PA. Previously they had lived in Ohio and there the sirens that we use for fires and accidents are used for tornado warnings. {See where this is going} So the first time their new towns fire sirens went off, they all headed to the basement becuase even if it was a blue sky, if the tornado siren was going off......it was a good while before they figrued they were safe and came out to find out what was going on. Culture shock? They thought we were a little nuts. She actually has a good point though. We have no warning device for tornado's or anything like that. Good thing we don't get too many. We had, I think 2 bad storms this past summer that had tornado potential. Not like that one summer.

Going to keep this short today.

Blessings everyone. :)

Comments

Trinity13 said…
Thanks for the heads up...I'm from Ohio, and if I ever move to PA, I'll be sure to make a note of the siren change! :-)
Ciera said…
:) No Prob.
Cliff said…
The new Narnia movie TOTALLY ROCKS! Just saw it today. Haven't seen a beter movie since, well since...Actually, I'm not sure I have seen a better movie. Did I mention that this movie TOTALLY ROCKS! I'm ready for the dvd. I want to watch it every night for a month! OK, maybe not QUITE that much, but pretty close.
M. C. Pearson said…
Just saw Narnia yesterday. LOVED IT!!!

LOL about the sirens. Being from California for the first 23 years of life, when I moved to Kansas, we had a terrific storm. Lightning passig and jumping form cloud to cloud but some stupid siren was going off, ruining the beauty. I was outside, laying on the ground taking photos. Like most art majors, I am somewhat dim to reality. (which is over-rated like you said!) Anyway, I then went and took a long hot soak in the tub. Sirens still interrupting my solitude. The next day we got the newspaper. Three tornadaos had destroyed the city that is only 10 miles away. A number of them touched down all around us. Needless to say, I have learned what the siren means...oh and the beeping on the radio is not interferance but a warning also. Learned that the hard way too!
M. C. Pearson said…
Sorry for all the slip ups with spelling, got distracted by my sons! (Yep, I'm blaming it on the kids!)
Ciera said…
Cliff - I quite agree. I myself rate it far above the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I can't wait for it to come out on video and dvd either!!

M.C. - your story makes me wonder how my sister Dee made out wwhen she lived in Nebraska years ago. {And don't worry about the spelling...I grade on a curve since I'm only a "closet" english teacher!!!!
Glad you enjoyed the film, I thought it was alot of fun and I too enjoyed the way they shot the scene where she uncovers the wardrobe.

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.