Saturday, October 06, 2007

I'm Home!

Hi gang! Wow. What an experience! First of all, it took us 10 hours to make an 7/8 hour trip...somebody has weak bladders, but I won't mention names [but it wasn't me or Paige!] And then, the first night we were rained...and the tent leaked!! And it rained most of the second day, so our stuff got wetter. But, they opened one of the ymca buildings for us to use over night so that our stuff could dry out more. They even got us mattresses. I think we spent only one night in there as a whole group. So, we went back to sleeping in the tent. I was so cold, though the others weren't, and I would wake up wet. We actually had some really nice weather once the rain was done. Although, it did rain once more, I think on Monday, and we were smart and pulled our bedding out and stuffed it in our cars so that it wouldn't get wet...which is how we found out that I was sleeping in a puddle of water!!!! And it was beginning to mold! Which is how I've found out that I'm sensitive to mold [headaches, runny nose, etc...] Paige wanted me to be a trooper and just wipe it up and wash it down and keep sleeping in the tent, b/c we were trying to be unified and stuff...but when I was wiping up the puddle, I discovered that there was water trapped between the tent and the tarp underneathe...a lot of water! No wonder I was so cold!!! Paige was watching from outside the tent as I was pushing the water out and she guesstimated ten gallons...and I didn't get it all!! Meanwhile, Winnie was out talking with the woman who put together the 7 Days of Praise conference together and she insisted that we move back to the bunkhouse, or the palace as we began to call it...which Paige and I decided to do. The other two were high and dry so they stayed in the tent.

So much happened in those 7/8 days...there were so many teachings and so many times of worship, that I can't even begin to tell it all. I'm actually still overwhelmed by how God met me there...again and again. I will probably share things slowly, because I still have so much to process. I'm going to have to change my blog title, but I'm not sure what to change it to yet.

We were almost killed on the way home. We went in two cars, Paige and I in her Bug, and Winnie and Kim in the other. Paige and I had been listening to a teaching by Todd Bentley about angels, and she actually saw some...pillars of light coming up from the road in front of us, and she said it must be our angels going before us. Well, it wasn't maybe an hour or two later, that she and I were talking about which church we wanted to go to...which ones were 'out' and 'in' and such...and all of a sudden she throws her arm out across me and is exclaiming, "Oh my God Oh my God" over and over again [indeed sometimes that is all we can pray]...I look to see what she's seeing and there is this big pick-up truck that is hauling a trailer that isn't mergin correctly and almost hit us...those angels had to be holding us apart, b/c it is a miracle we didn't collide. We really should have collided...God and His angels have to be the only answer. I'd have been taken out instantly b/c it was on my side. Thank you God for saving us!

ok, I have to go catch up on emails.


Jean-Luc Picard said...

So much seems to have happened in your time there, it's hard to write it all. Just take your time, and you'll recollect things naturally.

Fluke Starbucker said...

Hm, in addition to the teachings, it seems you also got a tent-pitching lesson

Ciera said...

Jean-Luc...I hope so!

Fluke...LOL! I think the 'professional camper' in the group got the biggest lesson!!!