Skip to main content

What I hate

I think what I hate the most within the church, other than sin, is the holier-than-thou attitude that can creep into the leaders. They are anointed for their positions, but does that necessarily make them 'holier' and more godly than the rest? I have a problem with that concept. Are people dumb? Yep, like sheep. But you know what, I have been given the same holiness that is given to every believer when they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I might be overly emotional...I might be decieved from time to time about things...and I might suffer from an overblown sense of pride and arrogance...but...I am still saved by grace. It is that grace that shines in the darkness and shows me where I am astray. Perhaps I have been too open and honest about it...perhaps I have been too transparent about my trials and difficulties...but I thought I was safe in the church to do that. I was wrong. Do not get me wrong, I in no way mean disrespect to my leaders...I love them and try my best to respect them even when I don't agree. We are called to be a humble people...and it is NOT humilty to say that one is not godly because they are prone to cry in church...no one knows my heart save the heavenly Father...{{{His love sometimes overwhelms me}}}.

Sigh. Perhaps they are farther along in the things of the Lord than I am. But that is no reason to judge me. Seems to me that they would desire to help me grow.

I am having a really hard time with these leaders right now.

On the bright side, I've been getting more sleep.

At least my boss likes me. LOL! Well, both of them. I might suck at church leadership...but I can drive bus and be a librarian! LOL!

The weathermen are saying it's supposed to snow. Yuck.

I am thinking of changing my mind. I had been thinking of going back to school and becoming a teacher, but the more I think about it...the more I think I ought ot go with the original dream of 7/8 years ago...to become a "real" librarian. my boss thinks I can do it. Who am I to argue with him?

OK. I have to go hit a few blogs and then go get something to eat.

Later y'all!

Comments

Shelley said…
I am so with you on this. Just hang in there. This is the problem with Christians today...people get so comfortable in their position at "church" that they forget we are all works in progress, no matter how "holy" they think they are. We are all saved by Grace, it's just too bad our humanity gets in the way...we can all be judgemental and to treat others in a way that makes a fellow Christian feel less of a person is plain wrong. Just remember the "church" is the family of fellow Christians, not just the place you go to worship. This is why I can't seem to find a church I feel comfortable worshiping in. One church we attended was so strict that we were all getting stared down the pastor's nose at for every little thing. It's great to share life's trials with others, but when it comes down to it we can all be judgemental and those who are closer to the Lord and in a closer relationship with Him will not make you feel judged. My own problem at the previous church we attended is when the Pastor said I didn't need to be on antidepressants I just needed to get closer to the Lord. I flipped my lid and was outta there in no time. Good luck to you!
Jean-Luc Picard said…
As Shelley says, many people can be unsettled in a church due to the attitude of those that run it, although it is meant to be a place of joy.
utenzi said…
Good luck with the weather, Ciena. I've been hearing that it's going to be really bad up there in PA and states north of you.
Ciera said…
Shelley and Cpt - thanks.

Fluke - I hear ya.

Utenzi - it's been yucky. My youngest brother was in an accident earlier this afternoon. He's ok but his truck is wrecked. I drove by sooo many downed trees with the school bus and had to wait 20 minutes for an accident scene to be cleared up. thankfully it was at the end of the day and when I'd gotten thos elast two kids dropped off - I was home free. Sort of!
utenzi said…
I'm glad your brother is all right, Ciera but it's a shame about his truck.

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.