Skip to main content

Name Change

I have finally changed the name of my blog. I've been meaning to ever since I came back from the Ohio conference, because I didn't feel like 'prodigal saint' fit this site anymore...or me I guess. I chose the title I did because it's what I named the little series of "squirrel stories" I wrote for my church a few years back. The squirrel really kind of stole the stories, even though it was never about him but my view of reality...but I have to admit, the squirrel was funny. So, since this blog in particular is about my particular and peculiar reality, as skewed as it often is, I think it fits. I know that I see the world differently, and that this isn't always a bad thing. There you have it.

Much to the disaapointment of the squirrel fans, there will be no squirrel stories forthcoming. See, if people really heard what I was saying in those stories, they'd know that the squirrel was just the comic relief because I was really sharing my view of the church with them. And to be honest, it wasn't always nice. Because they weren't always nice. I stopped writing them because I felt I was becoming too...vicious? mean? honest?...in my potrayal of the real-life characters I was using. They never seemed to notice or care, but I did. Which is one of the reasons why I've never been able to write anymore. Not to mention I felt stereotyped by my church as to what I was able to write. And there just aren't any of those stories flowing...I've had a few ideas...but there's been no flow. Anyone who's a writer knows what I'm talking about. Besides, I don't go there anymore...so I'm lacking a canvas as well. Seems rather pointless don't you think? Someone would leave the church and suddenly a story I had written just months before was no obsolete because the player was gone. If it's meant to be, more stories will come, but I'm not stressing because these particular ones aren't, and that's ok. I think they were meant for a certain time and that time has passed. If I'm wrong, God will have to show me how to put a new twist on things and new players etc...I'm not worried about it.

Comments

Star said…
I have always admired those writers who can e so totally honest on paper. Like you tend to dsguise my meanings so as not to offend.
Jean-Luc Picard said…
I like the title; I'll just have to change it on my records.
Ciera said…
Star: I think I understand what you're saying. I once had a person comment on my writing saying that it was raw, in a good way. I tend to just spill all of me onto paper/screen.

Jean-Luc: thnx :D

Popular posts from this blog

Types of Friends

The other night, the friend that I watch tv and movies with was sharing something she had learned from a MOPS meeting. About the two different types of friends. Since that discussion, I've realized that there are at least 2 more types of friends and goofball that I am, I thought I'd share it all with you! Don't you feel lucky and special? :) 1. Mushroom Friends : These friends spring up over night and are in our lives just for a season. Kind of like the friends I made in school. The season is way over as I didn't even get Christmas cards from them this year [yes, I sent them cards]. 2. Oak Tree Friends : These friendships develop slowly, starting out small and laying down deep root systems. They last forever no matter how far apart the friends grow; time, distance, oceans and death cannot break the bond of friendship. They are the kind that years after being out of communication, if they heard you were in trouble {death in family, illness, etc...} they would drop stuff

A Situation

Ok. I need to think out loud here for a bit while I wait on email. I have a situation going on that could become tough. A bit of background: About 2 years ago, a single man started coming to my church and showed an interest in me. It lasted about a month and a half, with him giving me mixed signals all the time...since I have been praying for a husband for a while now, at the time, it seemed like my prayers were being answered despite the confusion. It all came down one night about midnight in his parking lot and I haven't talked to him since. He only stayed around for another 7-8 months, and those were very hard months. He lied to me and mislead me, often. Like it was second nature for him. It was made even more traumatic by a discovery of mine on a website shortly after he left the area. In September 2005, I had a blind date that was far from fruitful. My singleness and desire to be married is known to all in church, and so... To the present: Yes, another single man has walked in

My Happy Face

There is something wrong in this world when they steal the magnetic smiley face off the back of your car. Which someone has done. But, I only rolled my eyes heavenward and said, "Whatever!" Must be the neighborhood kids were bored or something.